From the Land of Kansas is a trademark program designed to promote and celebrate agricultural experiences and products grown, raised or produced in Kansas. The From the Land of Kansas brand makes it easier for people to find and support Kansas-made products and Kansas-based businesses. The program offers an array of incentives to Kansas companies – big and small – who grow, raise, serve or produce products in the state.
Members of the state trademark program range widely in variety. Our members include equipment manufacturers, farmers, food businesses, restaurants, agri-tourism businesses, retailers, and so many more.
From the Land of Kansas Team
From the Land of Kansas
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find Kansas products?
You can find From the Land of Kansas products online at www.shop.fromthelandofkansas.com or check out our interactive map to find specific businesses you can shop with in your area.
Why are farmers' markets part of From the Land of Kansas?
State statute K.S. A. 2-3801 et seq. established From the Land of Kansas as the central registration for Kansas farmers' markets. Farmers' markets are a great place to find local Kansas products and businesses. To find a market near you, check out the list or download the Kansas Fresh mobile app. Know of a market that isn't on our list? Let them know they can register with us by requesting an application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can my business join the program?
See if you qualify:
- 100% of the product is grown or produced in Kansas
- 100% of the products’ processing, manufacturing, or craftsmanship is done in Kansas
- Your restaurant is Kansas owned or serves one or more primary Kansas food ingredients. Restaurant needs to identify which food products are from Kansas.
- Business provides an agriculture based-experience in Kansas. To qualify, agritourism businesses must be registered with the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism
- Business offers three or more Kansas products for sale in their store.
If this sounds like you, fill out our application. Applications can be requested at email@example.com
I joined the program a long time ago. Why am I not listed as a member?
In 2018, From the Land of Kansas changed its enrollment process. In order to ensure we can provide up to date information to shoppers, members are now required to update their information annually to stay active in the program. If you have previously been a member, no need to reapply. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide updated information and reinstate your business' membership.
Why should my business become a member of From the Land of Kansas?
- Help people looking for local businesses find you and your products
- Access to membership benefits such as marketing assistance, promotional events, discount programs, and more
- Sell your products online without the challenges and costs of building and keeping up your own e-commerce site.
- Support- access to our members only group where you can ask questions and network with other Kansas business owners
- Stay in the know with our monthly newsletter about upcoming events, educational opportunities, grant programs, and vital business information
Where is From the Land of Kansas' office?
We are housed in the Kansas Department of Agriculture as part of the marketing department. Our address is
From the Land of Kansas
1320 Research Park Drive
Manhattan, KS 66502
Why are shipping costs so high on shop.fromthelandofkansas.com? Why do my orders come in so many boxes?
From the Land of Kansas is not a store- we keep no inventory. When you purchase products from us online, the actual Kansas business ships it to you. This means you may be getting multiple shipments from multiple locations, each with their own cost.
How can I support From the Land of Kansas and Kansas businesses?
Look for the From the Land of Kansas trademark on your products. To find Kansas retailers that carry Kansas products, view our retailers list and check out our interactive map to find Kansas businesses anywhere in the state.
Spread the Word
Connect with us on social media to learn more about local Kansas businesses and products. We love that you choose to support your Kansas neighbors- tell your friends how they can find Kansas businesses in their area too! You can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter.