If companies meet the listed guidelines they can apply for membership in the following categories. Applications are available for download by clicking on the category.
- 100 percent of the product is grown/produced in Kansas
- 100 percent of the product’s raw materials are acquired from Kansas
- 100 percent of the product’s processing, manufacturing or craftsmanship is done in Kansas
- 100 percent of the product’s processing or manufacturing is done in Kansas
- Restaurant is Kansas owned or the restaurant serves one or more primary Kansas food ingredients (note: franchises that are Kansas based will be allowed in the trademark program, others will not)
- Restaurant identifies which food products are from Kansas/locally grown
- Business provides an agriculture-based experience
- Business must be a registered agritourism operation with the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism
*All products and businesses must be in good standing and meet standards set forth by local, state and national regulating authorities.
Partners of From the Land of Kansas do not register or pay fees. Partners will be invited to key trademark events (i.e. the annual meeting, the state trademark tradeshow, etc.), be identified on the trademark website, and will be provided promotional materials for Kansas products and services upon request. These partners include:
- Farmers' Markets: Farmers' markets across the state who register with our program will be given From the Land of Kansas promotional supplies and networking opportunities with agribusinesses and consumers.
- Retailers: Retailers we recognize as partners must have three or more Kansas products in their store. In-store Kansas promotional displays are available upon request.