The From the Land of Kansas Tradeshow Assistance Program (TAP) is administered by the Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA). The program is designed to encourage From the Land of Kansas companies to investigate new markets by attending and participating in local and regional wholesale tradeshows through funding assistance provided by KDA.
The following criteria must be met by any company that requests funding to attend a local or regional wholesale tradeshow:
• Company must have fewer than 500 employees;
• Company must be members of the From the Land of Kansas program in good standing;
• Company must be a member of From the Land of Kansas for at least six months prior to the application date of tradeshow for which funding is requested;
• Company must have purchased at least $100 worth of benefits during the membership year from the From the Land of Kansas program;
• Company must provide proof that at least one full-time employee or sales agent attended or plans to attend the tradeshow as representative of the company;
• No company shall be eligible to receive funding assistance through this program more than five (5) times total.
What’s Eligible and Amount Available
The Tradeshow Assistance Program (TAP) reimburses up to $2,000 within the state fiscal year (July 1st – June 30th) of eligible costs paid for attendance at a wholesale tradeshow. An application must be received and approved before the wholesale tradeshow happens. Access applications and eligibility requirements by contacting your From the Land of Kansas team.
Wholesale tradeshows shall not include any tradeshow that KDA determines is a consumer orientated tradeshow. Acceptable documentation of expenditures shall be required for an eligible company to receive any reimbursement. Eligible costs may include:
• Wholesale Tradeshow Booth Space Rental
• Wholesale Tradeshow Booth Improvement & Development: May include booth shipping, drayage, cleaning service, equipment rental, new signs or graphics, sampling service costs, event-sanctioned buyer meeting costs, product showcases, badge scanner rental, and organization membership fees (if required to exhibit).
The reimbursement limit for eligible TAP claims shall not exceed $2,000 within the state fiscal year (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018). KDA will allocate limited TAP funds requested on a first-come, first-served basis. KDA reserves the right to deny claims under this program to entities not in good standing with any agency, board, department, or commission of the State of Kansas, including but not limited to outstanding fines, fees, or criminal violations and any claims which do not meet the program requirements.
Ineligible Costs or Items
The following are examples of costs and items that are not eligible for funding:
• Costs for items or services that are also reimbursed in whole or in part by another state or federal entity (no double-dipping), i.e. Food Export Association of the Midwest or State Trade Export Program;
• Travel and accommodations;
• Booth supplies such as napkins, plates, and toothpicks;
• Your own product, sales sheets, business cards, and other printed materials (except signage).
This is not an exhaustive list of items that are not eligible for funding. KDA reserves the right to determine that any item submitted is not eligible for reimbursement based on the criteria listed in this agreement. KDA encourages companies to verify in advance if there are concerns about the eligibility of a specific item or cost.
Other Requirements before payment will be received
• Applicant may be requested to submit an IRS W-9 “Request for Taxpayer ID and Certification,” for their first application and must retain receipts and records for three years and make those records available for audit or inspection by the Kansas Department of Agriculture or state auditor on request.
• Applicant may be requested to submit evaluation forms and surveys to KDA, including sales estimates and other data as requested.
• Applicant will be required to grant KDA permission to take, use, and retain ownership of videos, photographs, and other digital images for agency promotional uses.
• Receipts required – all eligible costs require copies of a receipt showing payment, or an invoice along with other evidence of payment (cancelled check or credit card statement).
• Completed applications are due March 30th, 2018 and approved projects must be completed by June 30, 2018.
• Requests for reimbursement, accompanied by supporting documentation, must be made within sixty (60) days of the last day of the funded trade show. The decision to grant extensions is at the sole discretion of the KDA
Kansas Department of Agriculture
From the Land of Kansas Tradeshow Assistance Program
1320 Research Park Drive
Manhattan, KS 66502
Phone: (785) 564-6759